Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Our team develops a tool designed for continuous monitoring, logging, and analyzing BTS behavior in Nokia laboratories. Our mission is to provide visibility of tested features, utilization from the testing level, delivering data for other tools to analyze billions of collected information points. Our customer is anyone inside Nokia who wants to add own BTS to our ecosystem and monitor, compare and analyze the actual situation and compare to program expectations. At the moment we support BTS from different locations: China, Finland, Romania, Poland, USA, India. You will work in project that is used by Nokia employees worldwide so your experience in building reliable and scalable software would be very valued.
What you will learn and contribute to
We are looking for Full Stack Developer who want to increase their skills at the same time working with the newest IT and industry standards. On daily basis, you will be a part of software development team and your responsibility will cover:
- Helping to make architectural choices as our product evolves
- Implementation of new functionality / use cases
- Ensuring good quality of code
- Cooperating with other team members
Our team works in a variety of technologies:
- Backend: Python, Django (DRF, Channels)
- Frontend: Angular, VUE.js, Protractor, Cypress
- Databases and queues: PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB, Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch
- DevOps: Docker Swarm, Ansible, Terraform, AWX, Sentry, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack
- OSes: Ubuntu Server, CentOS
- Workflow: git, GitLab & GitLab CI, JIRA
Your skills and experience
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Software Technology, Mathematics, or equivalent education
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Practical knowledge of backend web app development with full deployment cycle skills
- Knowledge about VUE.js
- Advanced knowledge of Python
- Knowledge about Django, Django Rest Framework, Django ORM, Celery
- Experience with REST/websocket APIs and API proxies
- Knowledge of networking including TCP/IP ports and firewalls, network protocols
- Analytical thinking
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
It would be nice if you also had:
- No-SQL database experience (preferably Elasticsearch, Clickhouse or similar)
- Experience in deployment and maintenance of scalable distributed systems (HA, SLA)
- Practical experience in SQL databases, preferably at terabyte-scale
- Experience with Microservice pattern
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.